Thursday, March 09, 2006

A dangerously acrostic occurance.

Ambling beautifully, curly Dee emerged from Glendalough Hotel. I, jimlad kindly lent my new overcoat, positively quivering. Rotten sleet! Trotting urgently, valiantly we xcrified* yonder zone.

Oh dear. Whilst experimenting with language I seem to have inadvertantly given my fiancé a piggish persona. Well, since this is the first time I have named her online, she must henceforth be known as Curly Dee. She is however a bit sexier than Curly Wee, and in her defence she has never acted like a pig towards me yet.

But every great achievement requires sacrifice. If I have degraded the name of my beloved I have done so nobly, for behold! Two great discoveries have been made.

Firstly, we have found that by arranging a brief paragraph so that the words follow each other alphabetically, we automatically promote a sense of advance within the prose, even though when there is very little of note occurring. Incidentally, the text takes on a poetic note. Even though we are taught about acrostic poems in school, it is very easy to forget that it is just as powerful as rhyme is, albeit subtler.

Secondly, a new word has entered the english language, created by none other than jimlad himself!


* xcrify: to leave a place with such hurried abhorance that it is actually more true to say that the place is leaving you. As one exits, the situation is crucified in one's mind, and if one is to ever return there it must be resurrected from death.**

** Glendalough Hotel is a lovely place, but that sleet was no normal sleet. It was made of blood and guts! Not a nice experience, just stepping out of the door when VOOM, a sudden downpour of snow mixed with blood. I actually can't remember anything about it since we xcrified the area, but it must have happened seeing as I wrote about it just now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home